Schoology for Parents
The Mercer Island School District uses the Schoology platform as a digital learning management system (LMS) in grades 6-12. An LMS is a multi-function tool for classroom communication, file distribution, assignments, quizzes and more.
Schoology also has a system for parent accounts so that you can view course updates, materials and upcoming assignments. Please follow the steps below to access your account. It should be noted that this process is different than the one we've used in previous years. If you have any questions or need assistance, high and middle school families should contact Clay Laughary by email. (updated April 2020)
Follow these steps and/or watch the tutorial video to access your Schoology parent account:
- Update your email address in Skyward (instructions here.)
- Note that if both parents/guardians have the same email address listed in Skyward, only one parent account will be created.
- Look for an email to the account listed in Skyward with these instructions:
- Click the Login Link listed in the instructions
- Bookmark it in your browser as well
- Sign in with the username and password listed in the instructions
- Change your password to one that you'll remember (instructions here)
- Customize your notification settings (instructions here)